n ice cream desert is craved by virtually everyone I know. There is nothing more refreshing than a bowl of your favourite ice cream after a meal.
But hold on! Did you know that your regular ice cream can raise your cholesterol level, cause high blood pressure and even diabetes?
Well that’s exactly the health consequence you would have to face for indulging in your cravings.
However, it doesn’t have to be this way, you can still enjoy the refreshing taste of ice cream but under healthier conditions with a homemade turmeric ice cream.
Turmeric is a special spice that is known for its very potent anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants. You get to have these two properties in your turmeric ice cream and here’s a catch!
You don’t even need an ice cream maker; Amazing right?!
This ice cream also has other natural ingredients as well such as:
- Coconut milk, pecans, raw cashews, cardamom, cinnamon, maple syrup and ginger.
Also because there is no churning needed an ice cream maker is an item that you can do without because the raw cashews will make this ice cream really creamy just be mixing these previously soaked raw cashews to your coconut milk. You can also add pecans to this turmeric ice cream to give it more texture.
Alright let’s go straight to the preparation procedure and let me not bore you with all the intricate details.
How To Make A Homemade Turmeric Ice Cream
- soaked raw cashews — 1 cup
- Turmeric powder — 2 tablespoons
- Coconut milk — 14 ounces
- Ground ginger powder — 1/2 tablespoon
- Pecans — 3
- Cinnamon — 1 tablespoon
- Coconut yogurt — 1/2 cup
- Cardamom — 1/4 tablespoon
- Maple syrup — 1/4 cup
- First of all make sure that your raw cashew is soggy, to achieve this soak it overnight in a small bowl filled with water.
- Get a regular meatloaf pan and place it using parchment paper, make the ends of the paper is over the sides of the pan then put this pan in your freezer.
- Once the cashews are soggy, strain the water and then blend the cashews using a blender. Add all the other ingredients as well and bled until you achieve a homogeneous mixture.
- Take out the pan from the freezer after about 30 minutes and pour the blended ingredients on the pan.
- Put the pan back in the freezer with the blended mixture on it. Make sure that while in the freezer it is on an even and flat surface to ensure that the ice cream mixture hardens at an even pace.
- Leave this overnight and take it out the day.
- You can use pecans as toppings and it’s ready.